Discover Egypt and the Nile Valley
The incomparable Nile. Magnificent ancient monuments. Endless golden sands. This and more is Egypt—a cradle of civilization essential to our human story and the developments in government, religion, and agriculture. With its long past and welcoming people, Egypt beckons travelers to explore ruins of the past and wonders of today.
– Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo: visit the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, admire the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, and stroll the Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
– In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
– Travel beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings in the Temple of Seti I and view the Abydos King List, which was instrumental to understanding Ancient Egyptian history.
– On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon.
– Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for four nights on the Nile River.
– Sail to Elephantine Island, the only ongoing excavation site open to tourists, to view its sacred temples and traditional Nubian villages.
– During an optional excursion (additional fee), view the temples of Abu Simbel carved into a massive rock cliff, which were relocated and perfectly reconstructed after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
- 8 nights luxury hotel accommodations plus 4 nights aboard a stately dahabiya
- 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, and 8 dinners
- All excursions listed on the 14-day itinerary including admission to sites and venues
- Excursion transportation
- Internal airfare from Cairo to Sohag and Aswan to Cairo
- Gratuities to hotels, drivers, dahabiya staff, porters, and guides
- Group airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times